FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM 24P to FCP 29.97 timeline

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stevec
XDCAM 24P to FCP 29.97 timeline
on Nov 7, 2006 at 2:26:16 pm

Shot XDCAM @ 23.98 and putting it on a 29.98 timeline with other material. The 23.98 footage stutters, how do I get it to 29.98? Cinema tools will NOT conform the XDCam footage.

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
Re: XDCAM 24P to FCP 29.97 timeline
on Nov 7, 2006 at 11:16:13 pm

This is the curse of FCP right now. Only one frame rate at a time. Mixing material from different rates is enough work to make you consider yak herding as a possible career change.

The only way I personally know to add CORRECT pulldown to bring it up to 29.97 is to run the files through After Effects.

You bring the files in, put it in a 23.98 comp, and then tell the export module to use field rendering, and chose a pattern. AE then is smart enough to figure out what you're after, and changes the output frame rate to 29.97. Time intensive, to say the least.

People keep telling me you can have Cinema Tools add pulldown as well, but I've never tried. Conforming, btw, would be the act of making the 23.98 simply playback at 29.97. Way different than adding pulldown.

Return to posts index

stevec
Re: XDCAM 24P to FCP 29.97 timeline
on Nov 8, 2006 at 2:05:11 pm

I tried Cinema tools but it does NOT like XDCAM footage. IT does NOT do the conform.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]