FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam Transfer software / FCP 5.1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
photomikey
XDCam Transfer software / FCP 5.1
on Oct 24, 2006 at 5:57:43 pm

I'm shooting with the F350, transferring into FCP with the Sony software.

I typically select all of the clips, and click import. Most of my clips are 5-20 seconds long. There are often 100-200 clips on a disk.

The transfer will just stop, no warning, no notice, after a number of imports. Also, "set logging bin" seems to have no effect anymore.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any fixes?

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
Re: XDCam Transfer software / FCP 5.1
on Oct 25, 2006 at 2:11:31 am

I haven't seen this but I find FCP 5.1.2 works much better with the transfer software.

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
on Oct 25, 2006 at 5:42:28 am

There's a bug with the current transfer software where you can only import the number of clips that you have you undo in FCP set to. You can bump it up to 99 undos, but that hogs RAM, I believe.

Smaller chunks is the cure, until next go-around.

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Oct 26, 2006 at 2:22:22 pm

Nate's right. There was a bug in FCP that causes transfers to fail or produce duplicate clips in the Browser. Apple originally reported this as "Final Cut Pro 5: Unexpectedly quits after importing XDCAM Clips" http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304033, and fixed it in FCP 5.1.2.

Return to posts index

Nigel Cooper
on Nov 3, 2006 at 8:01:07 pm

Version 1.1 of XDCAM Transfer software for FCP has just been uploaded onto Sony's website as of yesterday. This could fix your issues. There are new features and bug fixes too.

http://www.sonybiz.net/xdcam

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Nov 6, 2006 at 8:43:54 am

Photomikey's main bug (with lots of imports) is definitely fixed in FCP 5.1.2, even using XDCAM Transfer V1.0.

But XDT V1.1 does include other bug fixes and it can be quite a lot faster too, as well as having new features. Definitely worth upgrading to latest versions of FCP *and* XDCAM Transfer!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]