FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAm HD proxy browser software for Mac?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nickel
XDCAm HD proxy browser software for Mac?
on Sep 12, 2006 at 10:36:21 pm

Hi. I've been searching the Sony site. Do they offer a simple browser for proxy files that will work on the Mac? I'm seriously thinking about this format and the proxy files would be great to give to my writers, but they need to be able to view the correct time code. Thanks.

Nick Lammers
Media Mill, Inc.
St. Louis, MO

Media 100i XS 8.2.2
Dual 1Ghz G4

Return to posts index

Michael Brennan
Re: XDCAm HD proxy browser software for Mac?
on Sep 17, 2006 at 8:43:48 am

Check out the Sony press releases at IBC.org
I think it was announced

Mike Brennan

Return to posts index

Nickel
on Sep 18, 2006 at 4:10:09 pm

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Sep 29, 2006 at 5:21:13 pm

Nickel,

The timecode on the proxy MXF files matches the timecode in the hi-res MXF. Check out the free XDCAM Transfer Mac software from Sony. One of the menu options allows you to export a QuickTime movie of a proxy for review etc.

Return to posts index

tedjac
on Sep 29, 2006 at 6:34:34 pm

Where can I find all of the Mac XDCAM software and drivers?? Sony had the Transfer software... what about the FAM and other necessary files??

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Oct 2, 2006 at 8:26:44 am

The FAM driver for Mac OS X (that means XDCAM discs are shown in the Finder) is included in the XDCAM Transfer installer. https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-software.aspx?model=PDZKP1

Return to posts index

Nickel
on Sep 29, 2006 at 6:47:11 pm

Thanks. I've been checking it out. Work flow looks great - wish the 2/3 inch chips were here.

Return to posts index

Nigel Cooper
on Nov 3, 2006 at 8:05:25 pm

Sony don't do a proxy browser for Mac; PC only. The PC one allows for making in/out points etc. If Sony did one for Mac they would be competing with FCP hence they don't do it.

Closest thing is File Transfer software, but then you need FCP to work that.

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Nov 6, 2006 at 9:07:18 am

PDZ-1 isn't available for the Mac, that's true, but XDCAM Transfer does allow you to browse proxies on your discs and you can mark In/Out points for import, etc. The new Version 1.1 supports ShotMarks from the camera too.

You can install XDCAM Transfer on a Mac without FCP too, and browse proxies from any XDCAM or XDCAM HD disc. You can import DV clips too. You can't import MPEG IMX or HD clips until you install FCP (even though you can see their proxies) because those codecs come with FCP.

Return to posts index

Nigel Cooper
on Nov 6, 2006 at 10:06:57 pm

Great, that makes sense. My friend has FCP 4.5HD and I tried installing Transfer software and importing HD footage. Like you said, could see proxies, but would not import as his version of FCP was too old.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]