FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer Software: No Codec?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tumblemonster
XDCAM Transfer Software: No Codec?
on Sep 5, 2006 at 6:24:11 pm

I'm trying to use the XDCAM Transfer Utility to import some XDCAM footage. I can view the proxies just fine, but when I try to add them to the import list, I get an error that says "The files that you have selected are not supported by the codecs on this system." Can anyone suggest a fix? They were shot on an XDCAM F350 at 23.98, SP(25 Mbps CBR) Non-drop frame Timecode, 4 channel audio AES-3. I am using verion 1.040 of the transfer software.

Thanks for you help!

Return to posts index

tumblemonster
Re: XDCAM Transfer Software: No Codec?
on Sep 5, 2006 at 6:47:18 pm

Ok, found it. There's a Pro-Application Support update which solved the problem. Sorry to bother everyone!

Return to posts index

mschirad
on Sep 5, 2006 at 10:03:07 pm

I reiterated the necessity for having all the software updates to FCP Studio today, if you want to work with XDCam HD Transfer software. The PDF manual has specific information on how you should have your settings, especially for playout, mainly having dual mono on audio tracks. I captured outside of FCP when I had dupilicate clips show up in the bin, just setting the cache location in Transfer Preferences manually for each XDCam HD disk I inserted in the P70 deck. An Apple rep I spoke to didn't have any info on a duplicate clip bug, so it's important that anyone using the XDCam HD Transfer software give Apple and Sony feedback.

mschirad
http://www.wmaeug.net

Return to posts index

mschirad
Re: XDCAM Transfer Software: No Codec? IBC Update!!!!
on Sep 10, 2006 at 12:57:19 am

Reports out of IBC indicate that Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 will be released this month, supporting XDCam HD bit rates 18 and 35 mbit!!! Will be a free software update...

Also...

JVC 24p from GY-HD100 and higher cameras in HDV
Canon 24f support for XD H1, and maybe the two newer Canon cameras

One report said FXPlug is supported now. That will be huge.

Return to posts index

xdcam-guy
on Sep 29, 2006 at 4:52:13 pm

> An Apple rep I spoke to didn't have any info on a duplicate clip bug, so it's important that anyone using the XDCam HD Transfer software give Apple and Sony feedback.

This was a bug in FCP, that Apple described here: "Final Cut Pro 5: Unexpectedly quits after importing XDCAM Clips" http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304033. It has been fixed in the FCP 5.1.2 update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]