FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM models

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
XDCAM models
on Jul 13, 2006 at 1:57:38 am

Trying to evaluate the 330 vs. the 350. I have the literature from Sony and saw the demos at NAB, but I'd like to know from an actual user who chose one XDCAM HD model over another, why he/she made the choice, and how he/she feels about it now.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
Re: XDCAM models
on Jul 14, 2006 at 3:12:45 am

I'm about ready to purchase a 350. The decision isn't so hard, the differences between the two are pretty simple to list:

-350 does overcranking
-350 has better viewfinder
-350 has TC in AND out, not one or the other
-350 has XLR audio out as opposed to RCA for 330
-350 has HD-SDI out (a bad thing for me, means I have to spend money on HDSDI adapter for my field monitor)

Might be one or two other things I'm missing, but thats the bulk. I think the criteria for most people is the overcranking and the viewfinder.

Return to posts index

Dave Anderson - Roscor
on Jul 14, 2006 at 2:00:39 pm

Nate hit the primary differences between the PDW-F330 and PDW-F350. Basically, the F350 has more features for the production market (overcrank/undercrank, better I/Os) while the F330 will appeal to news and customers requiring a lower priced system. Otherwise, both models share the same camera front-end and XDCAM HD technology, and use the same accessories.

Dave Anderson
HD Cinematography Manager
Roscor - HD Sales & Rental
847-299-8080 Ext. 1354
http://www.roscor.com

Return to posts index

Jay Chance
on Jul 14, 2006 at 8:59:25 pm

Just for the record the 350 does have a composite out for monitors... I have a demo of the 350 in my possesion... Great Camera all around...

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jul 17, 2006 at 9:18:32 pm

The viewfinder on the 330 is appalling, focus is critical in HD and the 1" viewfinder is more or less unusable, you can spec the 2" viewfinder from the 350 which is much more usable.

Picture quality is the same withut the trick FX.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]