FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony's XDCAM HD Captures Iditarod

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Doyle
Sony's XDCAM HD Captures Iditarod
on Jun 8, 2006 at 6:32:27 pm

It seems that in every trade magazine I read I see an article about Mark Falstad using the sony hd xdcam to shoot the iditarod. All the articles talk about the great success that it was and how good the camera is. I just have one question. Does anybody know where I can actually see footage that was shot of that event?

I'm tired of hearing how great it is and want to actually see it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Sony's XDCAM HD Captures Iditarod
on Jun 8, 2006 at 11:29:22 pm

OK The last time I did this, I got my ass ripped for being sarcastic. But, I will throw caution to the wind and say it again.

After I read your post, I copied the words Mark Falstad directly from your post into my GOOGLE search bar and hit enter. Guess what I got?

http://www.markfalstad.com/

So, go ahead, let me have it for being a wise guy.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Bill Skinner
Re: Sony's XDCAM HD Captures Iditarod
on Jun 9, 2006 at 12:08:04 am

Steve,

I feel your pain so no rip here.

Marks site is still under construction so that will not feed Jeremy's appitite for some of that wonderful footage.

Jeremy, I can tell you that if you check out Sony's or Apple's Pro sites on the internet. You will find information on a traveling tour that will last 2 months and cover 8 or more locations in the US. The tour will showcase the HD-XDCAM and the Apple workflow Mark used on the shoot.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Hmmmmmmmmmm
on Jun 9, 2006 at 12:26:55 am

Well, I guess I got a different website than you did. The one I landed on had Mark's phone number and e-mail address in plain site. So much for a dead end, I guess. Just how much closer can you get to the original footage than talking on the phone to the guy who shot it?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
Re: Hmmmmmmmmmm
on Jun 9, 2006 at 1:31:48 pm

Although I was hoping someone found it on a website somewhere so that I could have a little more immediate gratification... I did send Mark an email so I guess its just a waiting game to see if he responds otherwise I'll call.

Thanks Bill and Steve for you responses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]