From Steve Wargo - Still Alive

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
From Steve Wargo - Still Alive
on May 5, 2006 at 8:04:49 am

Hi everyone. Sorry about missing NAB.

According to a cop on the scene:

On Friday, April 30th, at 10:30pm, I was involved in a rather nasty motorcycle accident.

Traveling south on the 101 freeway in Phoenix aboard a red 1996 Harley Road King, traffic jammed up at the 202 interchange and someone cut me off and sent me into another lane. I clipped one car in the right rear, just enough to send me back to the right a bit. I winged another car to my right and then hit the pavement, sliding about 100' into a barricade of some sort. Now I know what a pin ball feels like.

As for my injuries:

1. Broken right pelvis in two places. No feeling in right hip muscle yet but this should recover to about 95% in time.

2. Seven cracked ribs-lower, right side, in the back. Surprisingly, they don't really hurt much.

3. Fractured left scapula (shoulder blade). Very little feeling in my left bicep. The nerves travel through the scapula before going to the arm. This shuts the arm down if the shoulder is seriously injured. The Good Lord was thinking on this one.

4. Fluid on right lung. Now back to normal.

5. Fluid around the heart. Now back to normal.

6. At first, they diagnosed three cracked vertebrae C6, C7, T1. Five days later, after a closer look (?) they added T3 through T12. I am wearing a neck brace and will do so for 12 weeks or longer.
(Always get a second opinion)

7. My jaw was broken. I had dentures top and bottom. They didn't catch this till the 30th, after I insisted it was broke. I had surgery on the 3rd at noon and am recovering from having some bone material added as well as a 3" long stainless steel screw strip and six screws into the jaw bone.

8. I have a pulled muscle in the lower part of my back, right side, that makes it very difficult to sit up in bed or to lay down in bed. This is actually the most painfull of all my injuries.

I can walk with a walker, keeping 1/2 my weight off of my right leg and I get around quite well in a wheel chair.

I'll probably be kicked out of here on Saturday morning and will go home. Our office is built next to our house so at least I'll be able to snag some rest or sleep during the day.

Thanks to all who have written and called and the Sees Candy sounds like a great idea. No hard stuff (no teeth).

Ron and Kathlyn called me and Ron gave a rough time for not filing my NAB report. Sometimes a guy just can't seem to get a break.

Steve Wargo
2180 E. Balboa Drive
Tempe, AZ 85282
480-345-2187

While I'm still in the hospital, my phone number is 480-882-6450.

Special thanks to Ray Palmer.

Please don't ask about helmets.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Paul Thurston
Re: From Steve Wargo - Still Alive
on May 7, 2006 at 1:39:20 am

Wow Steve,

What a terrible thing... I guess it must have been that videographer spirit inside that kept you alive.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]