FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questions and Experiences with Sony HVR-Z1U

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sk880user
Questions and Experiences with Sony HVR-Z1U
on Mar 21, 2006 at 9:21:58 pm

Hello. I was wondering if somebody have good/bad experiences with Sony HVR-Z1U. My needs are for a camera that is utilized with Vegas and possibly green screen. The output will be programs to be broadcasted to Europe and the USA (50i and 60i). The output will be SD. The reason I am asking about Sony is because it supports both NTSC/PAL interlaced frame rates, it supports HDV, relatively more affordable than other cameras. Will I be doing HDV? That was not my intention at all. My initial intention was to work directly with DV/SD and with Panasonic DVX100B (60i/24p). But the reason I was thinking of HDV now is because maybe I can use the Camera to capture HDV 60i and then in Vegas output 50i SD for Europe, and 60i SD for USA.

I know my understanding my seem flawed. I appologize in advance for this and especially if my question was answered before. I have to be honest with you all. I am driven to this camera by fear. I do not know if I need the extra resolution of HDV to compensate for the fact that I will be eventually down converting to PAL. I do not know if I should buy PAL camera or NTSC camera. I need to produce quality program for the stations to accept. I heard this camera had clear picture, low noise, works well in good light. Maybe DV camera is not good enough for green screen. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

sk880user
Re: Simplified Question: Sony HVR Z1U and GREEN SCREEN
on Mar 23, 2006 at 7:41:23 pm

I need to be able to do reliable and professional Green screen work. Is HVR Z1U recommended for it?

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Re: Simplified Question: Sony HVR Z1U and GREEN SCREEN
on Mar 23, 2006 at 11:07:05 pm

This is the High End HD forum. Please refer HDV questions to the HDV forum.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]