FORUMS: list search recent posts

The best way to deliver pdf resumes to clients? Embedded fonts or outlines?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emily Burrow
The best way to deliver pdf resumes to clients? Embedded fonts or outlines?
on May 25, 2018 at 3:42:31 pm

Hello! I'm a graphic designer that has recently started a business designing resumes. When I finish a resume, I'm confused on how it should be delivered to the client. A few years ago, with one of my first resumes, my client came back to me saying their resume wasn't displaying fonts I used on a friend's monitor. At the time I didn't know about font embedding so I simply created outlines of the text to fix the problem. Fast forward to now, I know a little more about embedding, but for optimal use for the client is there a way I can know for sure that that the fonts will always be embedded properly and always show up on every monitor, or should I always give final versions as "outlines" instead. This of course give this disadvantage of someone needing to copy paste something from that resume.

I know that I can check if the fonts are embedded under properties on acrobat. But what if someone is trying to view the pdf not using acrobat, will the fonts still display?

Any advice would we welcome!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: The best way to deliver pdf resumes to clients? Embedded fonts or outlines?
on May 26, 2018 at 9:56:47 am

Yes, embedding fonts is the right solution. They will definitely display right in the free Acrobat Reader. I can't really vouch for every PDF viewer out there, but most of them should display correctly.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]