FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign - extra letters are appearing, overlapping existing text

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meghan Feola
Indesign - extra letters are appearing, overlapping existing text
on Feb 26, 2018 at 5:22:31 pm

I am working on a magazine layout and I have copy and pasted word doc text into a text box in indesign. One of the lines is doing something odd. Some of the letters are appearing in the wrong spots and overlapping over letters. I have tried retyping that line and deleting text box and starting over but same thing keeps happening.

Return to posts index

Tom Van Damme
Re: Indesign - extra letters are appearing, overlapping existing text
on Feb 27, 2018 at 9:46:29 am

Hi Meghan,

strange indeed. Have you tried changing the font to see what happens?
I guess you are working with the drop caps settings - maybe try to turn that of for now and check results?

Tom

Return to posts index

Meghan Feola
on Feb 27, 2018 at 2:19:15 pm

It does seem to be just with this font but it's a font I have used for years. This is for a magazine layout and the body copy font is the same throughout.

Return to posts index

Tom Van Damme
on Feb 28, 2018 at 8:16:45 am

Maybe the problem only occurs in certain conditions or with a certain character combination. This is probably due to a glitch in the kerning tables (This often happens with free fonts).

If you're on a Mac you can have Font Book validate the font to see where the problem lies (open Font Book and right click on the font to "Validate Font…") Not sure how that works on Windows ☹

Best thing to do now is try to find a better copy, or replace the font with another one - if that's an option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]