FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign to Acrobat Pro DC rich media workflow (dynamic link layers? replace layers with edited layers? automatically replace placeholder objects?)

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hannes Andersson
Indesign to Acrobat Pro DC rich media workflow (dynamic link layers? replace layers with edited layers? automatically replace placeholder objects?)
on Apr 19, 2017 at 11:56:13 am

Hi,

Is there some possibility to create a dynamically linked layered document between inDesign and Acrobat DC?
(like between Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier and After Effects?)

I am currently in the process of making my masters thesis, which will be in the format of a dynamic pdf, made entirely in indesign except that it will also integrate interactive 3D models which I add on an a top layer in Adobe Acrobat DC (as this was the only solution I could find).

So I'm looking for some pointers on how to construct the workflow.

Basically what I need is a workflow where I can work somehow back and forth, so that I can:
- make my document in indesign and import it into Acrobat (or other software up for the task if there is one),
- add the 3d models in their correct positions as the project keeps developing,
- and still be able to edit the the other layers in indesign, without having to go back and manually place the 3D models again afterwords.

I know that Acrobat has the option of importing all layers from a PDF, but when I tried that acrobat crashed, even though it was just a couple of pages, and I don't want to have to deal with problems like that right before the deadline.

Any suggestions on how to go about this?

can I replace the old layers with edited layers, while keeping the rest of the layers?
is there a system to automatically replace placeholder objects from indesign with an predetermined set of 3d models? etc.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I would accept having to pass through 3rd part software, or slow sync as long as it doesn't involve to much active labour (like replacing the files or trying to mix and match separate pages every time I need to do an export, or correct a typo)

Thank you

Hannes Andersson
Artist/Researcher/Audiovisualist
http://handersson.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]