FORUMS: list search recent posts

Way to choose which page of a PDF to "place" onto a page of a multipage In design document?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Clements
Way to choose which page of a PDF to "place" onto a page of a multipage In design document?
on Sep 15, 2016 at 1:50:53 pm

Hi,

I've been given the job of coming up with a way to take PDF documents and selectively place pages from those documents into new pages of a "digital book" (with two page display). Does anyone know the best way to do this? Some of the pages need to be blank, so it's not just a question of slapping a bunch of pages together in a PDF.

We will be given multipage pdfs from another department and we have to choose pages from those to place into a new book. I know how to place the top page of a PDF onto an indesign page, but not any other.

Does anyone have any ideas? I know almost nothing about InDesign.

Also, does anyone have any ideas about how to make a PDF that opens instantaneously in a 2-up display, without the viewer having to change the view settings of the PDF?

Thanks!

-Scott

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Way to choose which page of a PDF to "place" onto a page of a multipage In design document?
on Sep 15, 2016 at 8:05:26 pm

This can all be done in Acrobat, no need for InDesign. You can create a blank page in Acrobat, or alternatively you can delete all the content from an existing page to create a blank page from it. With two PDFs open side by side and the thumbnail view visible, you can drag the pages you want from one document to the other.

You set how the document will open in the File>Properties>Initial View tab, where you can set it to open as a two-up spread display, etc.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Scott Clements
Re: Way to choose which page of a PDF to "place" onto a page of a multipage In design document?
on Sep 16, 2016 at 2:00:23 pm

Great! Thanks, Kalleheikki! That's works very well. I wish creating a blank page was easier than making a fake blank page with Word or something, but that's relatively easy to do.

Film Editor, London UK
http://www.scottclementseditor.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]