FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to stop rotating things by mistake (Mac)?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell Smith
How to stop rotating things by mistake (Mac)?
on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:16:38 am
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:17:50 am

This is driving me nuts. It's probably a very simple solution.
I'm on a Macbook, and keep rotating the text boxes by accident. Not sure what I am doing with my hands to cause this. It happens in other programs as well such as Photoshop.
Have to keep resetting the rotation to zero. Maddening.
The thing is that whatever I"m doing is completely unconscious. Anyone here know what's causing that? Definitely a Mac thing but I just can't isolate it. Probably some simple Finder command I'm not aware of.
Many thanks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How to stop rotating things by mistake (Mac)?
on Jun 27, 2016 at 6:54:32 am

The only thing that comes to mind is pressing "R" on the keyboard which activates the rotate tool without noticing it.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Jun 27, 2016 at 2:02:36 pm
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Jun 27, 2016 at 4:05:26 pm

Hmmm that's possible although it seems to happen when my fingers are around the trackpad. It's even happened in Preview where suddenly I will inadvertently rotate a picture.

UPDATE - Not completely sure, but I think it's a Mac "gesture," where you twist one finger and thumb across the trackpad. Not completely sure though, because this action can be undone with cmd-z, but it seems that the other times, cmd-z had no effect and I had to go in and reset the rotation manually. So it may still be something different.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jun 28, 2016 at 7:36:59 am

Yeah, could be a Mac thing. I haven't had a Mac computer in ten years so can't help you there.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Jun 28, 2016 at 2:13:37 pm

Yep. Just did it again. It's happening when my thumb is resting on the trackpad and one of the other fingers brushes over and touches the trackpad slightly.
Mystery solved. Hope this is helpful to someone else.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]