FORUMS: list search recent posts

Easy Image Layout?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah LaMond
Easy Image Layout?
on Oct 22, 2015 at 11:20:11 pm

So I have made a brief template, and I have a master page for a storyboard layout within the document. I was wondering if there was an easy way to set up the grid so that I can drop in images and then easily insert one and have the others shift left or right without loosing content. The goal is to NOT have put the images in manually every time we have an inserted picture or take one away.

I am sure there is a way to do it, but have not found a solution! The idea is sort of like having linked text boxes were it creates as many pages with set boxes as you need, depending on the amount of text you have... but with images in set ratios!

Please and thank you if you have any knowledge!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Easy Image Layout?
on Oct 24, 2015 at 8:36:40 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Oct 24, 2015 at 8:38:53 pm

One approach to do this is to make all the images anchored frames, which makes them move like text (and with the text). Thus, if you insert a new picture, everything from there on out will be shifted forward to make space for the new image.

A relatively easy way to make an anchored frame is to import the image to the pasteboard (area outside the page), size it, then select the image's containing box, switch to the text tool, select the insertion point in the text box and paste.

If you need captions for the images, you can make them in a separate text box (while still on the pasteboard), group it with the image and then copy the group as a whole, and paste into text as anchored image.

To make life easier, you could have a master set of pre-sized image boxes (and text boxes, if needed) on the pasteboard that you copy before importing images into them.

There may be complications if you are using different size images, as they won't necessarily fit onto the new pages as they reflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]