FORUMS: list search recent posts

Very basic problems w InDesign or Pages

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Walter Miale
Very basic problems w InDesign or Pages
on Sep 19, 2015 at 9:17:10 pm

I'm having a devil of a time doing a sketch of a page layout for a website since I only know how to use the totally obsolete PageMaker. I have an Adobe InDesign CS version 3 and an Apple Pages 09 and I need to do this QUICK. Of course i don't know CSS or any current Web building apps.

Problem: i want to do a sort of mosaic of overlapping graphics and text.

Say a picture of Germany, and the text Germany, and smaller text for Beethoven and Brecht, and text for Music, with these as overlapping areasand maybe a picture of a german landscape, and maybe other countries and have these images and text blocks OVERLAP. I want to have them in order top to bottom and to be able to control the transparency and feathering and other qualities of each layer.

I run into various basic problems in Pages. For one thing, the text inside grouped objects (picture and text) starts jumping around. And I can't save the Pages document as a pdf file (to upload here). In InDesign there are other dumb problems. For example, when I import a photo, the colours go inside out or something. And the feathering is unsmooth.

Help please.

w

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Very basic problems w InDesign or Pages
on Sep 21, 2015 at 7:00:12 pm

Do you know Photoshop? Generally much easier to do website mockups in Photoshop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]