FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign files try to open in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Goodwin
Indesign files try to open in Premiere
on Mar 19, 2015 at 11:51:20 am

Every time I try to open regular inDesign CC 2014 files it tries to open in Premiere (which doesn't work obviously). I tried changing the 'open with' and properties settings but it fails to keep the change. with the latter selecting the indesign.exe file and ok-ing it makes no difference, it fails to show in the options. I can open files with inDesign or drag and drop into the program but is there a solution to this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Lebanon Raingam
Re: Indesign files try to open in Premiere
on Mar 25, 2015 at 6:48:05 am

Hi David,
Have you tried Windows "Default Program"? You can read this if you don't know how to open the "Default Programs" (this is for Windows 7) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/change-default-programs#1TC=wind...
Click "Start" (Windows Logo on the taskbar), select "Default Programs". A new window will open, now click "Associate a program or protocol with a program". You'll see the "loading" progress bar. Once it's loaded, you'll see a list of file types. Locate ".indd" and click it. Now, just above the list of file types, you should see a button "Change Program", click it and change to InDesignxx (xx is your version of InDesign). Click "Ok" and close. Now restart your computer and see if this works. :)
Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]