FORUMS: list search recent posts

Indesign files try to open in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Goodwin
Indesign files try to open in Premiere
on Mar 19, 2015 at 11:51:20 am

Every time I try to open regular inDesign CC 2014 files it tries to open in Premiere (which doesn't work obviously). I tried changing the 'open with' and properties settings but it fails to keep the change. with the latter selecting the indesign.exe file and ok-ing it makes no difference, it fails to show in the options. I can open files with inDesign or drag and drop into the program but is there a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Lebanon Raingam
Re: Indesign files try to open in Premiere
on Mar 25, 2015 at 6:48:05 am

Hi David,
Have you tried Windows "Default Program"? You can read this if you don't know how to open the "Default Programs" (this is for Windows 7)
Click "Start" (Windows Logo on the taskbar), select "Default Programs". A new window will open, now click "Associate a program or protocol with a program". You'll see the "loading" progress bar. Once it's loaded, you'll see a list of file types. Locate ".indd" and click it. Now, just above the list of file types, you should see a button "Change Program", click it and change to InDesignxx (xx is your version of InDesign). Click "Ok" and close. Now restart your computer and see if this works. :)
Good Luck!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved