FORUMS: list search recent posts

When Good Images Look Lousy

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
When Good Images Look Lousy
on Sep 25, 2014 at 4:25:28 pm

I'm using the latest version of InDesign CC. I'm wondering why imported images look so bad, even when "Display Performance" is set to "High Quality Display". Why do my high rez images look jaggy and aliased, no matter what scale I'm viewing them at? Yes, I'm annoyed that I have to deal with this on a brand new computer with 12 GB of video memory! Any help appreciated :)

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Check out my Mormon.org profile.

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: When Good Images Look Lousy
on Oct 19, 2014 at 6:27:47 am

I believe that is just the nature of InDesign. With large publications a higher quality anti-aliasing would take ages to process, and even simple operations, like panning the view, would become cumbersome.

The quality of image placed without any transformations should be good - I have tested this in both CS6 and CC.

Rotating any image reduces the quality quite a bit - as will scaling. Then at certain zoom levels the imported and transformed image can look very bad with horrible looking edges.

It is what it is. I recall a time when we did not even have high-res previews of our layout work...

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]