FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overset cells when linking Excel files

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessi Volaric
Overset cells when linking Excel files
on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:51:09 pm

Hi all! I am newer to InDesign but have been using it at my current company a lot lately. I feel there HAS to be a better way to handle overset text (this is coming from linking Excel files) than the way we are now.
Let me preface by saying, we use InDesign (using CS6) for a couple hundred data sheets that we have for our products. Within each of those sheets is one or more linked Excel tables.
The problem is that every time the Excel file is updated, the text is overset (with the red dots). The way things are done now, we go in with the little arrows, move the boxes around and scale down the size of the table.
Two problems, one this is incredibly time consuming, especially with the number of sheets and the constant updates we are doing. And number two, sometimes one column might get moved more on one sheet than it is on another and therefore doesn't look consistent across all the sheets.
I have done lots of searching on this but haven't found just what I am looking for to solve the problem, although maybe I'm not searching the proper terms. But I am hoping there is a way to set the size of the table, columns and rows or something like that to streamline the process a little better.
Thank you so much in advanced for your help! I am going crazy constantly moving these little boxes around and I know know with the complexity of InDesign there just has to be a better method

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]