FORUMS: list search recent posts

Features not Exporting in Indesign CS6?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alison Bloom
Features not Exporting in Indesign CS6?
on May 15, 2014 at 10:26:22 pm

Hello, all!
I am relatively new to InDesign, but I'm trying to create an interactive PDF for my job where, when image A is rolled over, Image B appears (and then disappears when the curser is rolled off). I've done a few tutorials and read up, as well as played around with the program itself, so I was pretty confidant.

My problem: Image A has a drop shadow, and is set to trigger Image B to appear and reappear on rollover/off, not click. When I view the SWF preview, or export to SWF, everything looks and functions as expected. However, when I try to export to an Interactive PDF (on my mac), Image A loses its drop shadow, and no longer works as rollover, so Image B never appears.

Oddly enough, Image A almost acts as if it's a click button, where a hidden transparent square appears around it when clicked on--but nothing happens.

For some reason I can't get this post to upload photos, apologies, perhaps I'll be able to later.
In the export, Image A (M!) has no drop shadow, and in the first picture there is no rollover effect, and in the second picture, when Image A is clicked on (which was not the intended action) the box appears.

What's going on? I've found that even in exporting, for example, a tutorial file from a lynda.com training exercise, once again, click actions work, but rollover never do, whether as a reveal or an image change, etc.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]