FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Go To Page" Button Not Working

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Mustain
"Go To Page" Button Not Working
on Feb 19, 2014 at 9:49:53 pm

Hullo, InDesign Pros!

I am pretty new. Decent working knowledge of Illustrator and After Effects, but trying to create a relatively simple interactive graphic for a webpage at work.

I'm working in Indesiogn CS6 version 8.0.1 on a Mac, OSX v. 10.8.5

I made a draft in illustrator of wht I want this graphic to look like:

So if a user clicks on "state/local legislation" I turn that into a button that goes to this page:

The icons in the columns would just be hyperlinks to external websites and tools, and I would include a "back" button (not pictured here) that would return to page one.

So there would be a total of 6 pages. the first page containing the buttons that link to each subsequent pages that each can link back to page one.

Simple enough, right?

However, in my test run, the first button I tried simply did not work. I created a layer with the back ground of those semi-circles, added a text frame, and converted the text into a button. In the button panel, I set it so that "on click" , the action "Go to Page 2" is Activated.

On Page two I create a similar button labelled "back" with the action "Go to first page"

I set everything up, and in the preview, nothing happens. Doesn't work on export (swf) either.

I guess that's all I've got. It just doesn't work. Is there some glaring mistake that I'm missing?

Or, am I going about this in a completely inefficient way? I did something like this with flash a couple of years ago, but the Flash Builder that I have now is completely foreign to me, and this method (if it works) seems to make the most sense. If you have other ideas of how to create what I need, I'd appreciate it, but really if I could just get those dang buttons to do what they say they'll do, that'd make things easier for me.

I did google around and browse the forums, but didn't run across any helpful answers.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]