FORUMS: list search recent posts

I will tell you how to improve indesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Pest guy [Thornton]
I will tell you how to improve indesign
on Feb 19, 2014 at 8:17:57 am

I am not one for false modesty. I know how to improve adobe indesign. Like this:

1. have a preview function for the print layout of a document. Like this:

say you have a z-fold 6 panel brochure. Right. Now what drives me nuts is "do I have the right panel for the right info? [putting the front on the front panel etc] and will the entire brochure fold out as I want it to?

Well, what about a preview tool where you set the type of fold and the panel info and get a 3D preview of the final brochure [or whatever it is] that you fold digitally on screen and turn upside down etc to your heart's delight. That would save me SO much time and worry. Whereas without it I don't really know until I have gone to a printer and done a dummy run of 1 copy as to whether i have made a pig's ear of the margin, layout or fold.

Please note that my suggestion is entirely distinct from the technical faults preview fuction.

2. For the love of God FIX UP THE TABLE FUNCTIONS OF INDESIGN. I would frankly rather have a tooth extracted than do a table in Indesign. It is awful. I have to do ten tons of tabs. It is like being in 1980's software.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]