FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange problem with numbering pages with master- indesign cs6

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther Casas
Strange problem with numbering pages with master- indesign cs6
on Feb 17, 2014 at 7:12:09 pm

Hello!
Ok, I am new on indesign and thought it was pretty simple, but I am stuck with a problem and I am on a deadline tomorrow morning. I looked everywhere online and can't figure it out!...

So I created a Master page to add footer and page numbering in my doc. In master page, I go to type: insert special character: marker: next page number (also tried current page number and actually all options).

Problem: After page number 10, the master starts numbering pages all over again, so it starts from 1 etc..I have a total of 31 pages on this document. I tried editing "number of pages" in master, but can't find the option...and not sure if this is the problem? Can somebody help?!! I am on a deadline :(

THANK YOU!!!

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: Strange problem with numbering pages with master- indesign cs6
on Feb 17, 2014 at 8:41:29 pm

Gday

You're not trying to build the entire document in the master page section of the pages panel are you? (I ask because you mention changing 'number of pages' in the master). You create only one or two master pages and create the actual document BASED ON those masters in the bottom half of the pages panel.

If you have your pages set up correctly, then you just need to check your 'sectioning' (are there little black arrows above some pages in the pages panel?). Each section can have its own separate numbering. You only need separate sections if you want the numbering to change. Look for 'Numbering & Section options' under the 'Layout' menu.

d.

Return to posts index

Paul Fullilove
on Feb 17, 2014 at 8:51:31 pm

I don't know if this will help but there is a Numbering & Sections Options menu item on the fly-out menu (down arrow on the right) on the pages panel. I normally have Start Section checked and Automatic Page Numbering and Automatic Chapter Numbering.

-- Paul

Return to posts index

Esther Casas
on Feb 17, 2014 at 8:56:11 pm

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply, but unfortunately I already have this checked....so no problem resolved yet! thks anyway..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]