FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing spot colours?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leanne Cole
Changing spot colours?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 10:04:22 am

Hello!

I am not really a print person, I normally work with video.. so this is a bit beyond me but here is my problem:

I am helping a friend update an edition of his book which contains hundreds of maps / charts. Its the 9th edition of the book so I have a mix of old and new charts, jpegs, tifs and vector ai files - all of which are black and white, with 1 spot colour (which is printed green).

The problem is in the older charts (non vector tifs and jpegs), they've just used the cyan layer or channel or what ever you call it, as the plate for the spot colour. So those charts are blue.

The new charts are vector ais and they're the correct green.

Is there a way for me to convert the cyan to a pantone green spot colour? Or should I convert the green layer in the new maps to blue and tell my friend not to worry, they'll print it green.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thank you!

Leanne

(I'm using CS5)

Return to posts index

Paul Fullilove
Re: Changing spot colours?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 2:09:57 pm

I would check out this article: http://indesignsecrets.com/topic/how-to-convert-pantone-color-swatches-to-c.... It seems as if it is going to take some work. Using the Ink Manager would be the best bet. You can tell the Ink Manger to convert spot colors to process colors at the time of output (it won't change the actual color swatch definitions in you document). It also gives you some control over how the colors will be converted. This article: http://www.claudiamccue.com/2008/08/speaking-of-ink-manager/ should help with how to use the Ink Manger. Someone probably knows a better solution.

Return to posts index

Leanne Cole
Re: Changing spot colours?
on Nov 5, 2013 at 11:50:32 pm

Thank you!

Leanne

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]