FORUMS: list search recent posts

making a wallpaper... with 250 names

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michal Poniedzielski
making a wallpaper... with 250 names
on Sep 25, 2013 at 5:43:03 am

Hi there.

I need to create a printable wallpaper containing 250 names (donors of charity foundation). I have those names in Excel Spreadsheet (one line in a column = one name). This wallpaper should be a pattern of names. I wish to create one template for one name (which will contain a text frame for the name and some vector graphic elements placed on both sides), and then duplicate this template somehow into a pattern on a 150 cm x 150 cm page. Then I would like to import names from the list and fill those text frames in those templates with one name each. And I'm wondering is it possible to automate this process.

Summing up - what I'm looking for is:

1) a method to distribute evenly my "template" on a page (create a pattern of templates)
2) a method to automate the process of filling in my templates with names from the list (text file, or spreadsheet)

Is it even possible? If You - my Dear More Experienced InDesign User - know how to do it... please find some time to guide me a bit. I will be grateful. And those 250 people surely too :)

Creative Creature :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]