FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch image numbering/importing CS4

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Wonsly
Batch image numbering/importing CS4
on Sep 5, 2013 at 4:02:19 am

Hello, I have a question about inDesign, I am laying out a book, that is very very big. It will be 3 volumes, and has over 2500 images in it. Each image will be layed out on pages in 1 of 9 different design layout templates (ie some pages have 1 image ranging up to 4 in different layouts), and with a side panel on each page which has the number of each image on it.
like this

http://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php?del=0_picture20.png#
This represents 4 of the 9 different layout pages. So we have images in the black, which have file names as numbers. in the blue box we have the names of the images which are the numbers given to the image files.

Any sugestions on ways i can speed this up?

Can anyone suggest the best way to try and automate some of this process?

I know that there is data merge for numbering if all the numbers are in exactly the same place, but these images are in different places (9 different configurations).

So I'd like to know tips on doing the numbering in the side panel, which will have sometime 4 numbers, sometimes 3, 2 or 1 number.)

And if there is any faster way to import the image files, I'd love to hear about that too. At present the image files will be named with the same number that will be type set in the side bar. I will probably use bridge to do batch imports for each page, but that will still be over 1000 pages. nightmare. not to mention the 2500 numbers that must be type set differently for every page. nightmare.

Estimates on the time here too would be interesting.

Thanks, would lov to hear any ideas!

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
Re: Batch image numbering/importing CS4
on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:28:57 am

How on earth do you post an image? is it broken?

Return to posts index

Stefani Rice
on Sep 6, 2013 at 3:56:00 am

Hello Justin,

Give this link a try: http://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php

You should be able to upload your image there and use the embed code to post it.

Best,
Stefani

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Sep 6, 2013 at 4:18:11 am

Hey thanks Stefani, but no, thats what i've been trying, its not working?

Return to posts index

Stefani Rice
on Sep 6, 2013 at 4:52:45 am

Hmmm. Try to hit the Reply button and that should let down a field for text with buttons above

Click on the yellow highlighted icon and that should run the upload set for you. If that doesn't work, I'll let Abraham know that we're having trouble with it.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Stefani Rice
on Sep 6, 2013 at 5:01:49 am

Perhaps I misunderstood your question. Is this what you're trying to do? The image upload will give you an embed tag, but if that's not working properly, we'll get it fixed right away. I used an image source tag to post the images.

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Sep 6, 2013 at 7:02:36 am

Thanks again Stefani! yes i did do all the things you mentioned, but for me it wouldnt work.
Still it seems to have worked for you somehow :) so thank you!

Now if anyone can help me with my Massive Indesign issue, that would be great!

The above screen shot represents my issue, though it has been posted twice, so ignore the repeated image. This represents 4 of the 9 different layout pages. So we have images in the black, which have file names as numbers. in the blue box we have the names of the images which are the numbers given to the image files.

Any sugestions on ways i can speed this up?

Return to posts index

Justin Wonsly
on Sep 7, 2013 at 1:34:18 am

Can anyone help me?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]