FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange text issue

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cindy Keen
Strange text issue
on Mar 13, 2013 at 7:25:36 pm

Hello - I have been working on a spread in InDesign CS6 and have recently come upon a strange problem.

My spread is over 200 pages and is split into sections. In one of the very long sections, I noticed today that the text was taking up more room than it has in the past (I am able to compare to a former/older source file.)

I finally realized that my problem is that the top line of text in the previous version (and all of the other sections of this spread) actually overlap the top line of the text frame, but in my newer, working version it does not. See comparisons below:

How it has always been- top line overlaps top of text frame by about half of the letters.

How it is now- the top line of text starts just under the text frame.

Normally, this would not matter very much, but there are two reasons why I need this fixed:
1) There are several images throughout this very long section that are now in the wrong position and it will take a lot of time to fix them. :(
2) The rest of the document is like the first image- so it seems that the amount of space from the top of the page to the text will be different in this section, and that's not good either.

The really strange thing about all of this is that under Text Frame Options- the options are identical compared to each other. Both have "Top: 0 in Inset Spacing, etc. (all options are the same.)

I must be missing SOMETHING, but what??

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Cindy

Return to posts index

Melissa Mayo
Re: Strange text issue
on May 6, 2013 at 9:15:35 pm

Sounds like a text box on the master page was slightly moved and is locked to the baseline, so it moves a whole line of text. Compare the position of the text frame in both documents and see if that's the case.

Melissa J. Mayo, ACE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]