FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spread issue

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claire Barker
Spread issue
on Jan 30, 2013 at 8:40:07 am

Hi,

Today has been one frustrating day for indesign. I am operating on cs5 7.04 2010 and have always known the following spread setup, not being overly familiar with indesign and also operating en français I will keep my explanation as simple as possible.

Happy me used to open a new document to find that every page was on one solid white background – this morning I discovered that this solid white background is called a spread. Happy me could add a page at ease and indesign would ask me (quite politely) where I wanted it to go (say at the end of the document or between page 17 and 18 for example) and then the big white spread thing would get bigger vertically and allow a bit'o'room for Mr New Page.

The seemingly wonderful thing about all of this was the oxygen like quality of being able to select everything in the entire document because, I assume, it was on one nice lovely flexible little spread. This was ace of course for a whole bunch of reasons such as when making a pdf. It didn't seem to give a toot about the spread. It seemed of no value even. Indesign just did what I thought was a nice little process and chopped a document up into a pdf of the actual number of pages. Neato!Have a look at image: Hi,

Today has been one frustrating day for indesign. I am operating on cs5 and have always known the following spread setup, not being overly familiar with indesign and also operating en français I will keep my explanation as simple as possible.

Happy me used to open a new document to find that every page was on one solid white background – this morning I discovered that this solid white background is called a spread. Happy me could add a page at ease and indesign would ask me (quite poitely) where I wanted it to go (say at the end of the document or between page 17 and 18 for example) and then the big white spread thing would get bigger vertically and allow a bit'o'room for Mr New Page.

The seemingly wonderful thing about all of this was the oxygen like quality of being able to select everything in the entire document becausee, I assume, it was on one nice lovely flexible little spread. This was ace of course for a whole buch of reasons such as when making a pdf. It didn't seem to give a toot about the spread. It seemed of no value even. Indesign just did what I thought was a nice little process and chopped a document up into a pdf of the actual number of pages. Neato! Have a look at :

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]