FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring images from Photoshop to Indesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Codey
Transferring images from Photoshop to Indesign
on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:56:22 pm

Hi, I am trying to get an image in indesign without a background. I deleted the background in photoshop, but when I drag it to indesign a background of a different color appears (black).

The first time I did it, it was a tiff and it worked, but then I had to fix it and redrag it over to indesign and it does not work anymore. I have tried saving it as a tiff, jpg, and psd. I can't help but think there is some weird setting I have set on indesign that is making this background appear. I also have tried using a clipping path, but when i try to find edges, it just finds the edges of the rectangle around the whole image, including the background. If someone could please please help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Paul Fullilove
Re: Transferring images from Photoshop to Indesign
on Jan 12, 2013 at 1:02:45 am

The PSD should work if you have a transparent background. Did you try a PNG?

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: Transferring images from Photoshop to Indesign
on Jan 12, 2013 at 9:15:19 am

G'day

psd is definitely the way to go if you want a transparent background. if the background is transparent when you view it in photoshop, but has a black background in indesign — then your problem is almost certainly that the indesign frame itself has a black fill. set the fill to [none].

also — are you dragging from photoshop directly into indesign? i've never heard any good reason to do this. you should use file > place to import images as links in indesign — otherwise your file sizes will become horrendous.

hope that helps.

d.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]