FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor image quality

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruud van Gerven
Poor image quality
on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:09:26 am

Helly everyone!

I'm having some troubles getting my images to look nice and crisp. I've allready searched the net for solutions but that didn't solve my problem. In Photoshop i've drawn a basic pie chart and placed it in my indesign file. The Display Performance is set to High Quality Display and Overprint Preview is enabled. The Fitting is correct. I've added a screenshot to this post with 2 piecharts, one is .png and the other .psd but that didn't change anything aswell. The original file is 300 DPI high quality.

As u can see, the edges and the numbers are not smooth.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Grtz Ruud

Return to posts index

Chiali Tsai
Re: Poor image quality
on Jan 7, 2013 at 4:32:30 pm

maybe you should do it in illustrator, they have this graph tool is very easy to use.
else if you stick in photoshop, make sure you have enough pixels.

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: Poor image quality
on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:26:42 am

G'day

Different tools are used for different purposes. Photoshop is great for 'photos' and similar types of images — it is not great for graphic type images (for the reasons you have discovered).

Basically it comes down to the difference between pixel-based images and vector images. Vectors keep their crispness under virtually any circumstance — whereas pixel-based images are subject to the restraints of 'resolution'.

For this type of image you could use Illustrator. But there's also no really good reason not to build it directly in InDesign.

d.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]