FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy CMYK InDesign

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Regan
Copy CMYK InDesign
on Oct 19, 2012 at 4:53:29 pm

I wasn't sure which Forum to post this in. But since I'm working with InDesign here it goes...

Is there an easy way to copy CMYK percentages and then paste them in another application? Maybe an App you've found? I'm working in InDesign and I'm wanting to quickly grab a CMYK color from an open document in Illustrator. If I was working with RGB i'd simply copy the HEX code and paste it in InDesign but since CMYK doesn't have a "code" (not that I know of) I can't just copy and paste it from Illustrator to InDesign. I looking for a simple solution similar to copy and pasting a HEX code in RGB but with CMYK. I know there are work arounds like creating swatches in Illustrator and saving them and importing them into InDesign, or copying the object with that color as its fill, pasting it in InDesign and then creating a swatch based off its fill...all the work arounds I've found are just one step too many. Is there any easy solution that will save me time?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Copy CMYK InDesign
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:09:58 pm

Hello,

Actually InDesign and Illustrator play really well together. If you create a swatch in illustrator and apply it to a vector object, like a box or circle, you can copy and paste that object from Illustrator into InDesign (and vice versa). It will even bring over the swatch name if you've given it one. Works going from InDesign to Photoshop as well, but not Photoshop into InDesign.

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Luke Regan
on Oct 19, 2012 at 5:39:32 pm

Thats what I've been doing...seems clunky though, is there a simpler way? Maybe a third part Mac application, etc? Maybe there isn't...it just seems like CMYK should have its own "code" so it's as simple as copy and paste, or a third party app that does that.

If I'm working on a project I'd like to just switch over and grab the CMYK data without click on a shape, filling, it, copying it, pasting it, creating the swatch...

Is this how everyone does it?

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on Oct 19, 2012 at 6:56:07 pm

Ya know, I think you can save out a swatches palette in Illustrator that can be imported into Indesign. Haven't tried yet, but you may want to give that a shot.

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]