FORUMS: list search recent posts

Numbered lists not working with layers

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cochran
Numbered lists not working with layers
on Oct 5, 2012 at 9:50:22 pm

Hello,

I'm having an interesting problem using numbered list between layers. I call it interesting because out of three identical files, it works in two and not in the third.

I have two numbered lists. One goes on a layer call instructor and the second goes on a layer called student. Both numbered lists are apart of the same IMCL file and the text boxes are linked, beginning on the instructor layer. When both layers are visible, both lists appear with numbers. But, when I hide the instructor layer, the student list loses it numbers (they disappear and the text moves to the left.)

I've tried exporting as an IMDL file and reopening in InDesign, that doesn't help.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Return to posts index

Debbie Sidman
Re: Numbered lists not working with layers
on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:57:08 pm

Did you ever figure this out? Because I've been having the same problem. I thought it was only when the numbered list had a character style applied to it but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm trying to figure out if there is a setting somewhere that put it on the other layer, but even so, it should just be hidden, not deleted entirely (which is what is happening). So far I've just been converting the numbered lists to text at the last minute but I'd rather not have to do that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]