FORUMS: list search recent posts

Document contains multiple page sizes

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Nicastro
Document contains multiple page sizes
on Aug 30, 2012 at 2:06:10 pm

I keep getting the error when I try to print a booklet saying 'The active document contains multiple page sizes. Print Booklet works only with documents that use a consistent page size.' I can't figure out why this is happening nor find where the inconsistency is. All of the pages are identical size, 8.5" tall by 11" wide.

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: Document contains multiple page sizes
on Aug 31, 2012 at 11:10:56 am

G'day Eric

InDesign seems to have problems resolving page size issues in at least two scenarios that I know of :
  • A document starts life at one size and is later changed to a different size; and
  • The page tool is clicked on a page, irrespective of whether or not the page size is actually changed.
As far as you can tell, the pages are all the same size. But as far as InDesign is concerned, something is amiss.

Two things to try :
  • Create a new document at 8.5x11 (it needs only one page). Go to your original document, select all the pages in your Pages panel, then use the "Move Pages" command from the Pages panel dropdown menu to move all your pages from the original file into the new file (which you select under the 'Move to' dropdown).
  • If that doesn't work, try creating new master pages to replace your previous ones and then apply those throughout the document.
I found that, for my particular issue, I had to do both these things to get a satisfactory result.

Good luck with it

d.

Return to posts index

Eric Nicastro
on Aug 31, 2012 at 3:15:07 pm

It is a very annoying bug with InDesign and you would think Adobe would have a work around to this.

But the only solution I could do was create a new document with new master pages and copy and past all of my content into that document. It worked perfectly. And for a 44 page booklet only took about 15 minutes; a lot less time than I spent searching the web for a fix.

I did also find a script that can import PDF's and other InDesign projects, but it only copy and pastes them, it doesn't retain the editing capabilities. It's a multipage importer and can be found at this link: http://indesignsecrets.com/zanelli-releases-multipageimporter-for-importing....

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
on Aug 31, 2012 at 9:18:53 pm

I agree, it's a major oversight.

I've got an old script for duplicating documents over at http://wp.me/p1Foaz-a3. Does what you did — create a new document then copy/paste the content across.

Used to use it a lot in CS2 then CS4 until I realised I could "Move Pages" instead.

Should convert to newer versions of the CS OK.

d.

Return to posts index

Lakshman Kumar
on Apr 17, 2017 at 5:58:07 am

Hi,

I have this same problem but i have the different size pages in a booklet as per my client requirement so how can export the booklet pdf from indesign. Is that possible. please suggest me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]