FORUMS: list search recent posts

export two page spread where pages dont scroll

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Debbie Rodriguez
export two page spread where pages dont scroll
on Aug 22, 2012 at 7:27:49 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to get my pdf exported from indesign so when you scroll or page up or down only two pages change, you don't scroll through the whole document. Here's what I mean when you open the US magazine you see two pages at a time and only those two pages change (no pages above or below) On my catalog I can set it to two page view but I still see the next coming up so to speak. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: export two page spread where pages dont scroll
on Aug 25, 2012 at 11:06:05 am

G'day Debbie

This has got nothing to do with InDesign — it's an Acrobat thing.
Check Page Display under your View menu.
To force it to open that way on other machines change the Initial View settings under File > Properties.

Hope that makes sense.

d.

Return to posts index

Debbie Rodriguez
on Aug 26, 2012 at 9:44:12 pm

thanks Dwayne, I don't think it is the properties, both files have the exact same set up in acrobat. I thought it had something to do with exporting it like a book or something, but I dont use indesign all that much. In the magazine the two pages stay put and turn like a book, you dont see any pages when you scroll down (scrolling just turns the pages) I thought it had to do with interactivity but that only works in full screen. I'll keep playing around with it....

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: xport two page spread where pages dont scroll
on Aug 27, 2012 at 3:26:07 am

Are you saying that you can see a page curl like in a flip book as you turn a page?

d.

Return to posts index

Debbie Rodriguez
on Aug 27, 2012 at 7:12:23 pm

Hi Dwayne, I can export it as an interactive pdf with page flips that opens in full screen but I the magazines open in regular view (with the scroll bar hidden). Its hard to explain if you have a minute and feel like looking at the attachments you'll see what I mean...I want it to load like the magazine (mine is the categ)I just saved a few pages to save file size

http://lifeofthepartymolds.com/docs/mageg.pdf
http://lifeofthepartymolds.com/docs/categ.pdf

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
on Aug 27, 2012 at 9:02:31 pm

G'day Debbie

I've had a quick look in my old version of Acrobat Reader and both files behave the same (I thought you were talking about a page turn thing with the mag but just looks like a standard PDF).

Mageg is set up to display two-up (that is, it is exported as single pages and displayed as spreads). Categ displays as single pages because you've exported it as spreads. The buttons in Categ work fine.

So, I'm not sure what difference you are seeing. I'll have another look at them tonight on my other (newer) machine.

Have you tried playing with the the View > Page Display settings yet?

d.

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
on Aug 28, 2012 at 6:58:44 am

G'day again

I've looked at this again in Acrobat Pro and my initial suggestion still stands.

Here's the difference between the two files in Acrobat's page display :

Export your file as single pages (rather than spreads) then go to File > Properties > Initial View and set it like this :

You should find that it will behave the same as mageg.pdf

Good luck with it Debbie.

d.

Return to posts index

Debbie Rodriguez
on Aug 28, 2012 at 3:32:43 pm

thanks you!! It worked like a charm once I exported as single pages. I couldn't find any option in Indesign to hide the windows controls though but I just reopened it in acrobat and changed it there.

Return to posts index

kvi soft
on Mar 12, 2013 at 6:23:25 am

You can use kvisoft flip book maker pro. http://www.kvisoft.com/flipbook-maker-pro/
It allows people to convert PDF to flip page book with turning effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]