FORUMS: list search recent posts

SWF button not working

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claire Veale
SWF button not working
on Jul 26, 2012 at 8:14:13 am

Good morning all,

Newbie to this forum here so apologies if this has been covered previously but I did a search and couldn't find anything… I have also tried a couple of other forums and nobody has been able to help so far so I am really hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

I have a 4 page brochure which I exported to SWF. I then created a 2 page interactive document in Indesign and placed the SWF on the first page and an interactive form on the second page… (I did this because as far as I can tell the interactivity in a form i.e. fields, doesn't work in a PDF created by an SWF). I then added a button to the SWF page (page 1) of the document that will navigate to the form page (page 2) (I have tried in both Acrobat Pro X and Indesign). I have experimented with a combination of buttons and go to pages, bookmarks, and hyperlinks and cannot get any of them to work correctly.
I then exported to an interactive PDF. When I click on the button on the final page of the SWF (it is present on all pages but I have made it invisible so that you only "see" it on the last page when there is a box on the SWF in the same place), it moves to the last page and then jumps back to the SWF page, sometimes if you click on it again it will take you to the last page and sometimes it doesn't work at all…. So essentially the user has to click twice on the button to go to the form.

Hoping someone has a solution to this problem as it has been driving me mad for over a week now – I keep coming back to it with different variations but nothing works.

Many thanks, Claire.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]