FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beginner InDesign 5.5 question

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Wonderly
Beginner InDesign 5.5 question
on Jul 13, 2012 at 7:55:51 pm

Hello everyone. This is my first post. Thank you for accepting me in your forum. I look forward to participating here with you.

I am brand new to InDesign CS5.5 and have a few questions. If there is a tutorial that I should reference instead, please post its link. My specific questions:

1. Two open documents each have tabs to bring one or the other to the front. Is there a way to show both in the active window? I would like to drag and drop between the two.

2. Object position: When an object or text block is clicked upon, why is it that its coordinate reference point listed as its left edge instead of its center? Can this setting be changed?

3. Export To PDF: I created a two-page spread with the pages displayed side by side. When exported to pdf, Acrobat displays the pdf with the two pages side by side as a single page instead of page one and then page two. Is there a way to change this setting so that Acrobat and Reader will show each page separately?

Thank you for any answers in advance.

Return to posts index

Jerry Wonderly
Re: Beginner InDesign 5.5 question
on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:28:02 pm

I figured out the answer to #3. I uncheckd the Spread box in the PDF Export dialog.

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
on Aug 28, 2012 at 7:15:02 am

G'day Jerry

I guess you've already worked these other two out by now.
I'm just posting an answer in case others have the same question.

#1 : Check Arrange under your Window menu. In CS6 you can "Float all in windows" then "Tile". It will be something similar in CS5.5 — have a play.

#2 : Right in the top left corner of your window you have a grid of nine squares. The default (black) square is top left but you can click on whichever one you want.

d.

Return to posts index

Jerry Wonderly
on Aug 28, 2012 at 8:34:32 pm

Dwayne,

Actually, I had not gotten these questions answered. Thank you for taking the time to answer them here. This makes working with documents much easier now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]