FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conditional page printing query

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Williamson
Conditional page printing query
on Jul 13, 2012 at 12:15:06 am

Hello,
I have an InDesign CS4 book made up of some 20 documents that I want to print in various flavors. I understand the basics of conditional text and have created the conditions and successfully applied them to text blocks. I have 'print blank pages' turned off - I think! The problems/questions I have are:

1. I have a master page applied to each document that inserts chapter-page numbers and it seems that even when my conditions result in blank pages, these (numbered) pages are still included. Am I missing something here?

2. I think that to apply conditions to a table it needs to be in an anchored text frame, however I cannot seem to set an anchor. I suspect this is just basic incompetence, and would appreciate some advice.

3. I suspect that there is no way to apply my conditions to all of the books and set inclusion/exclusion in just one place? Is the 'correct' approach to go to each document and select the appropriate set and then regenerate the TOC and Index?

4. For some variants I want to completely exclude some of the documents. Is there any way to conditionally exclude a complete document? Perhaps I should put each document on its own layer and select on these as well?

Basically I can see how this should all work and feel I am missing a few small things that will get me there. It would be nice to have some book level control over this.

Any advice will be appreciated. .... Alan

Return to posts index

Josh Gordon
Re: Conditional page printing query
on May 25, 2016 at 8:32:36 pm

I was struggling with this too I come across the following guidance for using conditional text in InDesign you may find it helpful. https://www.trainingconnection.com/indesign/lessons/conditional-text.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]