FORUMS: list search recent posts

I Need To Design a Spread for a 5.5 in x 8.5 in dictionary--my printer only prints 8.5 x 11 (double sided)

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Wesley
I Need To Design a Spread for a 5.5 in x 8.5 in dictionary--my printer only prints 8.5 x 11 (double sided)
on May 18, 2012 at 7:21:40 pm

I need to be able to design a 8.5 x 11 in spread that I can can perfect bind on BOTH the left and right 8.5 in side.

Then I will print double sided and invert one side and then after it is bound on both sides, use a commercial paper cutter and cut straight down the middle and "presto!" two perfect 5.5 x 8.5 dictionaries.

The problem is, I have tried it all--even inverting one of the pages in ID, but when I export to PDF it automatically "helps" me and turns it right side up....

I know a lot of books are done this way. Is there anyone with any experience in this area who would be kind enough to help me?

Thanks.

George

Return to posts index

Matt Townley
Re: I Need To Design a Spread for a 5.5 in x 8.5 in dictionary--my printer only prints 8.5 x 11 (double sided)
on May 21, 2012 at 4:09:11 pm

Hi George -

I think I understand what you are trying to do, but I'm not sure I understand where you are encountering the problem. It seems like you would just design your spread in ID so that when you export your PDF for printing, everything is already inverted and ready to go, right?

Wouldn't that be easier than doing anything after the fact? I must be missing something. Would you mind explaining a bit more?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]