FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to change the aspect for a specified number of characters using GREP Paragraph Styles?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corneliu Comendant
How to change the aspect for a specified number of characters using GREP Paragraph Styles?
on Apr 27, 2012 at 9:38:33 pm

Hi! I'm having troubles with creating a GREP Style in InDesign and programming it to do certain work which it takes me like an hour or two if done by mouse clicking and select-and-apply actions from the keyboard.
Basically, this is my problem:
I'm working at a newspaper and weekly we publish the TV Guide. But there is something very tricky about this because I have to color the hour of a specified program in the guide according to some rules. So if there's a movie on schedule, the text should be underlined in red; if there are news in the program, the text should be underlined in green, and so on.
Now, at this moment i'm using a few different Character Styles and i'm going from line to line and color the words accordingly.
So I though maybe there could be done something about it to change the way I work and spend my time reading every line in the guide. I thought if I can program the style to AUTOMATICALLY change the underline color for each line in case there is a special keyword found in that paragraph. So that if it says:
"07.00 News", then the program would automatically color it accordingly to the rules.

So this is a sample of what my problem looks like: 0_programe.jpg

Again, is there a possibility to program the GREP Style that if there's a keyword like "Film" "Serial" "Stiri" then it will color the numbers in front of the Paragraph according to the rules?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]