I'm having an incomplete result from an interactive PDF made in InDesign CS5. I am using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.8.
I made a 1-page invitation. It has two images. One is static, one is Flash video. I imported the Flash, and then I used the Media window palette to add a Poster (the first, static pic) and a flash playback controller.
I exported the page as an interactive PDF. When I view the exported image in Acrobat, everything is fine. It is also correct in Reader.
When I attach the PDF in Mail, the frame containing the video is empty. In Google Mail's viewer, the initial image is visible in the picture's frame.
When I save the PDF outside of Mail and then open it in Acrobat or Reader, I get the expected results. My concern is that someone who sees this in Mail will just think, "it's broken," and then never look at the vidoe.