FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mail and interactive PDFs

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicky McCatty
Mail and interactive PDFs
on Nov 2, 2011 at 1:39:00 pm

Hi,

I'm having an incomplete result from an interactive PDF made in InDesign CS5. I am using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.8.

I made a 1-page invitation. It has two images. One is static, one is Flash video. I imported the Flash, and then I used the Media window palette to add a Poster (the first, static pic) and a flash playback controller.

I exported the page as an interactive PDF. When I view the exported image in Acrobat, everything is fine. It is also correct in Reader.

When I attach the PDF in Mail, the frame containing the video is empty. In Google Mail's viewer, the initial image is visible in the picture's frame.

When I save the PDF outside of Mail and then open it in Acrobat or Reader, I get the expected results. My concern is that someone who sees this in Mail will just think, "it's broken," and then never look at the vidoe.

What can make this happen, and how can I fix it?

Thanks,
Nicky

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Mail and interactive PDFs
on Nov 17, 2011 at 8:10:14 pm

Give them a link that reads something like "If you have trouble reading this email, click here", which then takes them to a webpage that correctly displays your invitation.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]