Using Mac OS 10.6.8, ID 7.0.4 been a MAC user since 1988.
Been working on a 44 page catalog for about the last month and during that time producing PDF's for the client to proof. Everything has been going fine...until today.Now when I output a PDF, pages 8-9 don't produce crop marks, a colored text box doesn't show up and a dialog box comes up and say, "You may have problems viewing this document correctly. Please contact the person that created this doc". I've gone through hours of trying to eliminate what it could be w/no success. BUT...if I take—say page 9—in the pages panel and drag it down to the end of the catalog it outputs fine.
I even inserted 2 new pages above pages 8 and 9, slected all the content and dragged it to the new pages (which of course now become the NEW pages 8 and 9) and it still doesn't produce a PDF right. Still missing crop marks & colored text box. It's a fairly simply doc. Text, 2 photos and a colored text box and nothing overlaps, same fonts as all the other pages etc. It's designed as all the other pages. This problem only happens with pages 8-9. Everything before & after output fine.
I was thinking maybe it's a corupted prefernces file, but I do have some custom preferences I've made and I've forgot where to find that file and how to restore it if it doesn't work. If I do trash the preferences and close ID, when I relaunch ID and open my .indd catalog file, will it automatically create a new preferences files & load the preferences I have built into the doc?
Any other ideas how to correct this problem?
Quad-Core, 2.93GHz, OS 10.6.8, 32GB Ram, external 4TB RAID eSATA, 4TB Internal, ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphics card, FCP Studio 7, AE 9.0.2, Boris BCC, FEC, CoreMelt 2, FxFactory Pro 2, idustrial revolution Volumetrix, Yanobox Motype, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Panasonic HPX300 Video Camera, 2 - Canon 5DMKII's w/Pclix controllers.
The entire Adobe Creative Suite 4, Design Premium.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 21 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.
Wow, sorry for the delay in responding. Hope everything has worked out for you. If not, I've had luck in doing a "save as" or sometimes even an export to an Indesign Interchange file. This will cause a total rewrite of the file data to the new format. Then open that file and the problem tends to disappear (if it was corrupt file data).
Unfortunately, I don't have any other fixes. I do have one work around though. Move your page 8 and 9 to different locations and output. Then move them back to the appropriate place in Acrobat.