FORUMS: list search recent posts

imported jpegs not showing up

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aden Nichols
imported jpegs not showing up
on Sep 22, 2011 at 7:10:20 pm

I'm working on a doc (blog header) that incorporates text and images.

Problem: I have the text set, but when I try to import the jpegs (into predesignated graphic frames), no image appears. The Pages palette shows only one page (A), and it is selected. I'm sure there's some simple explanation for this anomaly, but I've combed five after-market manuals and googled without any success.

I'm working on a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8 and using InDesign CS2. If you need further particulars, please ask and I'll gladly provide them! I'm a n00b to ID, so please be gentle.

Thanks for the help,

Aden

Return to posts index

Bradley Kutmas
Re: imported jpegs not showing up
on Sep 23, 2011 at 1:27:34 pm

Hello Aden,

How are you importing the files? I follow this procedure:

1. ensure no text or any frame is selected before import. (I usually just click the working space outside of the pages)
2. File < Place
3. Choose image from folder < open
4. Your image should be attached to your cursor, ready for you to place on a page.

Of course I'm using CS4, CS5 and have never used CS2. Hopefully this works out for you.

Bradley Kutmas

Return to posts index

Aden Nichols
Re: imported jpegs not showing up
on Sep 23, 2011 at 2:49:04 pm

Thanks, Bradley! After posting, I discovered my (decidedly newb) error: My image files were WAY too big! I massaged them and now all is working as it should. And yes, it is time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade...

cheers,
Aden

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]