FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Extend Bleed Area?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Lewis
How to Extend Bleed Area?
on Aug 9, 2011 at 3:39:57 am

Howdy folks!

I've looked through the forum for the answer to my problem, to no avail.

I've got two InDesign docs that I'm working on: one (A) that I converted from PageMaker 7 years ago, and another (B) that a friend created for me last year in InDesign CS2. Both are book covers that I'm tweaking.

My problem is with document A.

In document B I'm able to drag the background color over the edge of the document (this is, if I'm not mistaken, the bleed?) so that if the printer cuts unevenly, there will be color to compensate for the error.

In document A, however, I'm unable to do this (I can drag the background color box over the edge, but the color stops at the edge of the document - it doesn't extend out).

I've compared the Document Setup settings in both docs and made sure that they're the same (I added a bleed to Document A, but I'm still unable to extend the color past the edge of the document).

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
Re: How to Extend Bleed Area?
on Aug 9, 2011 at 7:02:26 am

G'day Jon

You're probably viewing the document in Preview mode (this hides all the guides and bleeds and frame edges and whatnot — for 'clean' viewing)

Go to : View menu > Screen Mode and choose normal.

This setting is also at the bottom of your tools panel. You can also toggle between the two settings by hitting a 'w' (but don't do this when you have the text tool active — obviously).

Hope this helps

d.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]