FORUMS: list search recent posts

Paragraph Style problem

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Cochran
Paragraph Style problem
on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:04:04 pm

Hello,

I'm working in a document with set paragraph styles. The problem I'm having is, I apply a paragraph style (that is set to roman, or in some cases bold) to copy and it changes the text to italic even though the paragraph style is not using italics. I've checked nested styles, and don't have any. I have text on the page that is fine, but type text in a new text box, apply the style, and the text becomes italics. I've tried importing the styles again from an original template file. Nothing works.

Has anyone else experienced this? And, do you have a fix?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Kelly Johnson
Re: Paragraph Style problem
on Aug 4, 2011 at 8:27:46 pm

Is it actually italic or is it rendering an oblique face to say a font is missing? Can you save as something else, delete all objects (images/text boxes etc) and then put new type down and try to style it?

Or, dupe and change the name of the particular style, go in and actually reselect the typeface.

Or maybe it's just a nesting issue.... text frames can get wonky.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on Aug 5, 2011 at 2:28:01 pm

Hello,

What it does is change the font to an Italic in the fonts properties, even though it's not Italic in the para style. I've tried this on new text, I've duped the para style, I've copied the text and the style into a new document: all the same result.

The weird thing is, I can apply the style, go to the fonts properties and change it from Italic to Regular (what it's supposed to be), but I don't get the little plus next to the Para style in the Para Style Panel.

Is this a corrupted style? And if it is, do you know any way to keep it from becoming corrupted?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
on Aug 8, 2011 at 2:37:13 am

Never seen a corrupt paragraph style before.

Just to be sure... have you double-checked that a character style is not being applied as well ?

d.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on Aug 8, 2011 at 9:15:18 pm

Hi Dwayne,

That's it! For some reason every time I create a new text box and start typing, it applies a character style, which just so happens to be called "Italic." I've check the Para style and it's not based on any other style. Is there a way to keep the "Italic" style from being applied to every text box I create?

Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Dwayne Smith
on Aug 9, 2011 at 4:07:20 am

Aah, it caught you too Jeff :-)+)

If you have no text selected and you click on a para or chara style — that style becomes the default for all new text.

Just deselect all text and click on [None] in the panel — that resets the default back to no character style being applied.

Have a good one,

d.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]