FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame Fill Showing on Export

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Binder
Frame Fill Showing on Export
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:27:28 am

I use InDesign for wedding album creation. I make a bunch of spread templates that I choose from to make the album.

So I can easily see the number of photos on a page and where to drop the photos in the spread, I make the empty frames with a bright green fill color. I have no stroke selected on the frame, and I have the frame set to auto-fit/fill-proportionately.

In InDesign and when I export the spreads as JPEG's, I can see a small, probably 1 pixel line across the top and bottom of the photo when I view at 100%.

I can fix this by selecting the frames after designing the album and changing the frame fill to being blank...but this is tedious and I don't know why it is even showing.

Anyone have any ideas on how to help? If you want me to send over a InDesign file to look at it...I can do this.

If the forum allows links, here is a crop showing the green line on the bottom of the photo. You can clearly see it on the bottom right of the frame where there is white in the photo.

*I have searched Google and this forum but found nothing when searching. THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Frame Fill Showing on Export
on Jul 14, 2011 at 8:03:53 pm

Simple test:
Can you export as pdf and see if you have the same problem? I don't know if pdfs fit into your workflow though.

Not so simple solution:
Duplicate the green boxes onto a new layer and set the fill to none. (Make sure this new layer is above the green boxes layer.) Then make the layer with the green boxes non-printing by double clicking on the layer name and deselecting the check box "Print Layer"

Depending on how many spreads and templates that you have this could take a bit of time. Sorry.

Tech-T Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved