FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interactive PDF from InDesign CS4 - FIle Size

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morgan Bomar
Interactive PDF from InDesign CS4 - FIle Size
on Jul 4, 2011 at 9:50:32 pm

In Indesign CS4, designed a 30 page pdf to be viewed on screen. Indesign file contains, links, text achors and buttons so that final pdf is interactive. Generated the pdf and file size is about 12 mgb. Too big for final intended use. Decrease file size to about 1.8 mgb by removing the use of a transparent "glow" object style that I created in indesign.

Design wise I'd really like to keep the "glow" style, but anytime I attempt reduce pdf size in Acrobat Pro interactivity no longer functions. Something to do with flattening but don't know what to do.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Uncle Mo

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: Interactive PDF from InDesign CS4 - FIle Size
on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:14:53 pm

Even though you can down-rez images when creating a pdf, I find that Photoshop does a better job. I would resize your images so the effective ppi is 72 (since it is for screen viewing). See if that gets youto your target file size (including the "glow"). If that doesn't work, please define the "glow" better as to how it was made and how it is affecting the other elements on the page.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Morgan Bomar
Re: Interactive PDF from InDesign CS4 - FIle Size
on Jul 6, 2011 at 4:22:15 pm

The "inner glow" is an affect style created directly in InDesign CS4. It is part of a box style. This box style is used a number of times in the 30 page document. The glow is a gradient from black to white which looks like an inner shadow for the boxes.

When I alter the style in InDesign to say something simple like a 10% black solid fill, the pdf file size decreases to about 1 Mgb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]