FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to pick color out of a photograph?

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Peller
How to pick color out of a photograph?
on May 31, 2011 at 10:36:23 pm

I just looked up these nifty direction on how to grab a specific color from an image in InDesign at this site: http://creativebits.org/indesign/pick_color_from_picture_in_indesign
But I can't seem to get it to work for me... Clicking on the photograph doesn't grab a color, it just selects the box or the text in front of it. What am I doing wrong? I feel like this should be so simple...

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
Re: How to pick color out of a photograph?
on Jun 1, 2011 at 6:43:23 pm

This line of instruction is a bit confusing:

"Select color picker and click on desired part of image."

I believe they are actually using the "Eyedropper Tool", which is in your Tools Palette (where the selection, pen, type, etc....tools are located). The default keyboard shortcut for the tool is "i". The rest of it looks OK.

Personally, I skip all that. I select the box first (that I want to add color to) and use the eyedropper tool to select the color from any other object on the page. This will color the box with your selected color. Then I go to the Swatches Palette, and from the drop-down select "Add Unnamed Colors". This make the new swatch. Double-clicking on the swatch you can then change the color mode from RGB to CMYK.

Not terribly different, but you can assign a keyboard shortcut to "Add Unnamed Colors". So with keyboard shortcuts:
v - select box
i - select color
(user defined key - I use F4) - adds color to swatches
double-click swatch and make necessary adjustments.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

Sarah Peller
Re: How to pick color out of a photograph?
on Jun 2, 2011 at 1:30:38 am

Thank you very much! That is very helpful

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]