FORUMS: list search recent posts

InDesign margin problem with HP Officejet 6000

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Pitts
InDesign margin problem with HP Officejet 6000
on May 25, 2011 at 8:00:36 pm

Hello everyone,
I bought an HP Officejet 6000 (E609n) for my home business. I use InDesign CS2 (version 4.0.5) on a Macintosh (OS 10.4.11). I can't afford to update any of my software or my computer at this time, so that isn't a possible solution.

The margins on my print jobs are fine on the leading edge, right side, and left side of an 8.5 x 11 inch page, but on the trailing edge—the edge that comes out of the printer last — the margin is 5/8ths of an inch. This occurs no matter where I set my page margins in InDesign — even when set to zero on all sides. If I change the orientation in Setup in the Print Dialogue box, I still get a 5/8ths inch margin on the trailing edge.

Has anyone come across this problem or a similar problem with InDesign and HP Officejet printers, and is there a fix for this besides the work-around of generating a PDF file to print from?

Thanks,
Bill

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: InDesign margin problem with HP Officejet 6000
on Jun 5, 2011 at 5:09:00 pm

Years ago, I had a printer that used to give me one edge that was never the same as the other three. I got tired of fighting with it and simply set my pages to where all three of the other edges of the page were the same as the one odd ball edge. Not a perfect solution but my nerves felt better and the images looked balanced to the audience.

Sorry that I don't have a better answer for you, Bill. Hopefully someone else will.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]