FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open Source or CC font similar to Helvetica Neu Light

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim bachalo
Open Source or CC font similar to Helvetica Neu Light
on May 9, 2011 at 11:22:08 am

Hi
Finishing my first short movie project shot with my 7D. For my title sequence I prefer the look of Helvetica Neu Light but require a version that is open source or CC licensed.

Can anyone offer a suggested alternative?
Are there any good open source fonts available online

Much thanks for any replies!

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

Ronald Lindeboom
Re: Open Source or CC font similar to Helvetica Neu Light
on Jun 5, 2011 at 5:16:36 pm

As long as you are not giving away the font, Jim, you do not need anything more than using the fonts that you are licensed to use because you installed them from discs that you bought, or that came with various system fonts or were installed as part of a program you bought.

If you are going to hand copies of your fonts used to the audience that is watching your program -- which I highly doubt is your intent or will be your usage -- then you most likely have no need of a freeware or Creative Commons licensed font.

If I am misunderstanding your question, please give more clarification, but on the surface, you appear to have no need for anything more than using the fonts that are legitimately on your machine. (If it's illegitimately on your machine then it's another matter altogether.)

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO, Creative COW LLC
Publisher, Creative COW Magazine

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

Return to posts index

jim bachalo
Re: Open Source or CC font similar to Helvetica Neu Light
on Sep 18, 2011 at 4:43:06 pm

Guess I should know this but it's been years since I was immersed in the world of page layout and typography.

So the Helvetica Neu family that gets preinstalled with OSX can be used on ANY commercial project? That is good news.

Local is the new global

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]