FORUMS: list search recent posts

Making Storyboards with InDesign CS5

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Thacker
Making Storyboards with InDesign CS5
on Mar 15, 2011 at 2:40:36 am

I'm a new InDesign user, and am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to format a document for laying out storyboards?

I just made a round of them by dragging out guides on a page and then just dragging individual object frames and snapping them to the grid. That worked, but it was a huge pain whenever I needed to insert a frame in between two existing frames. I'm hoping there's a way to insert new frames and have the frames after move down. For anyone who's a video editor, think "insert edit."

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Return to posts index

Susie Blatchford
Re: Making Storyboards with InDesign CS5
on Mar 15, 2011 at 6:28:29 am

I would create each storyboard frame as a separate page in Indesign with a black border inside the page boundary.

When you want to print them, export the document as a pdf, open the pdf and print with 'Multiple pages per sheet' selected from the 'Page Scaling' dropdown menu.

Alternatively, you can print from Indesign and select Print thumbnails from the 'Setup' tab from the print dialogue window.

Return to posts index

Josh Thacker
on Mar 21, 2011 at 2:22:26 am

Hm...never thought of doing it that way. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shawn Marshall
on Dec 5, 2011 at 6:53:00 am

This is swell. We don't use inDesign, but we were provided a storyboard consisting of a 42 page PDF. Changing the layout to 9 pages per sheet I was able to print out a simple, easy-to-manage five page storyboard.

I can even save that multi-page storyboard as its own PDF.

Thanks for the tip.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]