FORUMS: list search recent posts

Drop Shadow Solution PLEASE

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Swerdlick
Drop Shadow Solution PLEASE
on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:59:06 am

I am rather new to InDesign and have made an error. I need your assistance, and in advance, appreciate your patience.

The background of the poster I designed is black. When I applied a drop shadow to the text box, the entire box showed up as a darker black against the existing black background (even though the background of the text box was set to NONE). This happened throughout the entire poster...now a complete loss.

What am I doing wrong?

Also...is there a way to add a drop shadow to a single letter or number without adding it to the entire text box?

Thank you in advance, and again, your patience with me is appreciated.

Marc

Return to posts index

xavier khonje
Re: Drop Shadow Solution PLEASE
on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:46:45 am

depending on your design, you would probably want to give the shadow a color that will be visible against the black background, next thing is to make sure that the dialog box that opens for specifications on the drop shadow, on the blending options which is set to multiply by default is changed to normal and the opacity is set to a 100%.

If you can imagine it, then you can do it

Return to posts index

Marc Swerdlick
on Feb 23, 2011 at 1:55:03 pm

Xavier,

Thank you...very much!

Marc

Return to posts index

Andrew Harman
on Feb 24, 2011 at 10:32:42 pm

can you supply a screen grab?
Regarding drop shadow to an individual letter, you need to make it a separate element. perhaps create outlines on the type and then use the hollow pointer to select the individual character, then paste it by itself and you can add the drop shadow.

Thanks All

Return to posts index

Marc Swerdlick
on Feb 25, 2011 at 3:19:10 am

Thank you for your assistance.

I would love to generate a screen shot if I could. The problem is that it does not appear on the .indd file, only on the .PDF. And yet, when you remove any form of drop shadow, the problem is eliminated.

Marc

Return to posts index

Terry Mikkelsen
on Mar 5, 2011 at 2:21:33 am

Also check to see if when you export to pdf that the "Compatibility" is for Acrobat 5 or higher. With version 4, it will enable the Transparency Flattener (in the Advanced section) which can really adversely affect your document.

Tech-T Productions
http://www.technical-t.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]